HR Services - More than just a recruitment agency
Sportspeople offers a number of HR Services designed to assist employers manage their valuable staff resource.
Pre-employment assessments make the selection process highly objective, meaning you can be confident that you've found the best person for the role - every time.
Sportspeople is pleased to be working with our alliance partner Revelian, Australia's leading provider of online skills tests and psychometric assessments, to increase your odds of hiring the right person and avoid any costly recruitment mistakes. These simple yet effective assessment tools will give you added confidence all possible steps have been taken to investigate your candidates before you offer them employment. You'll also be able to enjoy the post-placement value that comes with knowing the candidate’s innate behavioural styles and attitudes.
Sportspeople has negotiated a 10% discount exclusively for our customers using the online Cognitive Ability and Behavioural Profile pre-employment assessments.
There are absolutely:
- No setup costs
- No complex contracts
- No ongoing commitments
- No minimum spend
- No subscriptions
- No training fees
All you do is pay a low "pay as you go" per-assessment fee when you invite candidates to complete assessments. Sportspeople exclusive discounted prices are $50, $90 or $135 (+GST) depending on the assessment selected.
For more information on the tests available and to begin testing now click here.
Performance Appraisals should be ongoing, based on a simple, written "contract" between the person being appraised and his/her immediate supervisor. In a changing environment, such as the sport, fitness, aquatic, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector an evaluation of people's performance is an essential management tool.
Sportspeople has extensive experience in providing simple, working models for employers to implement and maintain a management-administered appraisal system for all employees.
Our 360 degree performance appraisals measure employees against factors known to define top performers, and quantify their contribution to the job, their team and the organisation by surveying those around them.
360 degree performance appraisals help identify and capitalise on a team member’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as highlighting areas for improvement and development, resulting in improved employee satisfaction and retention. Using an online survey tool, we can provide robust and reliable feedback regarding an individual employee’s performance.
Normative data can also be provided, so you can see how your people measure up against a general comparison across a range of industries. This provides greater context to an individual’s results and their specific development needs.
Research shows that engaged employees are happier, more productive and have higher levels of job satisfaction. They are more dedicated to their jobs, have lower absenteeism and are less likely to leave. The Staff Satisfaction - Engagement Survey enables organisations to diagnose current levels of engagement, identify the factors that drive engagement and obtain an insight into their employees’ attitudes and opinions towards their work and work environment.
Employee engagement surveys allow you to identify the key factors that can be leveraged to:
- Enhance employee engagement
- Lead to better performance
- Reduce employee turnover
- Reduce absenteeism
The Staff Satisfaction - Engagement survey measures employee engagement across twenty factors and provides a comprehensive understanding of the organisational factors that are contributing the most towards engagement. The factors that form the Staff Satisfaction - Engagement survey are identified through a detailed review of research on employee engagement, focusing on key factors with proven empirical links that relate directly to employee engagement.
Sportspeople's survey tool can provide customisable surveys and reports, as well as providing normative data, so you can see how your people measure up against a general comparison across a range of industries.
Employee exit surveys and exit interviews help employers understand where and why employee turnover is occurring and what is required to reduce it. However, too often, exit interviews are unstructured and unsystematic, failing to deliver information in a way that can improve company culture, performance and employee engagement.
This survey is based on over 50 years of research into why people leave organisations, but can also accommodate your own custom questions and leads exiting employees through a set of structured questions to uncover the underlying organisational factors that caused them to leave. Normative data is also provided, so you can see how your people measure up against a general comparison across a range of industries.
Employers commonly use benchmarking as part of their general staff performance management system. Sportspeople regularly provides benchmarking to assist employers undertaking staff performance appraisals and in circumstances where a new appointment is being considered.
Sportspeople has accumulated a significant amount of data relating to remuneration practices in the sport, fitness, aquatic, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector. This information has been compiled through Sportspeople's recruitment work since 1996, our research (Sportspeople Jobs Index and Sportspeople Workplace Survey) and as part of our ongoing remuneration benchmarking services.
In the last year Sportspeople was commissioned to benchmark over 100 different positions in the sport, fitness, aquatic, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector.
Sportspeople has brought together a world class team providing a dedicated Organisational + High Performance Review service. Specifically, these specialists have expertise and experience in the following areas:
Sporting Organisation Reviews - A specialist team works with our client organisations to:
- Develop ‘world leading’ structures and innovative delivery models for sporting organisations.
- Examine the extent to which current organisational structures and activities facilitate the effective achievement of the organisation's objectives.
- Review the current organisational staffing structure, roles, responsibilities and operational effectiveness, with the aim of identifying what staffing structure is required to optimise organisational outcomes.
- Examine current levels of organisational investment against desired outcomes.
- Provide advice and direction relating to the optimal governance and operating structure of the organisation, to best facilitate the achievement of current and / or future organisational objectives, in a creative, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Assist organisations to effectively and cost effectively implement agreed recommendations.
Review activities include, but are not limited to the:
- Review of governance structures and their effectiveness.
- Review of operating structures and their effectiveness.
- Review of organisational planning approaches and their effectiveness.
- Review of financial and investment models and their effectiveness.
High Performance System Reviews - A specialist team works with our client organisations to:
- Develop ‘world leading’ structures and innovative delivery models for NSO high performance systems.
- Identify the most appropriate high performance system structure to drive sustainable international success.
- Establish an innovative National athlete and coach development system maximising existing resources and utilising best practice methodology and modern technology.
- Review the current high performance system staffing, roles, responsibilities and operational effectiveness with the aim of identifying what staffing structure is required to optimise high performance outcomes across the National system.
- Examine current levels of investment in high performance against desired outcomes, and specifically the financial contributions of each of the network partners e.g. NSO, SIS/SAS and SSO’s, in respect of determining appropriate performance based funding models for the network.
- Utilise findings and recommendations from the review, to develop a fully costed high performance plan that drives sustainable international success, and
- Establish an appropriate implementation and monitoring framework that drives the delivery and on-going evaluation of all NSO high performance activities.
If you'd like to know more about how Sportspeople can assist you with benchmarking, organisation reviews or performance appraisals, please contact us as follows:
FREECALL 1800 634 388 (if calling from within Australia)
FREECALL 0800 634 388 (if calling from within New Zealand)
Telephone: (02) 9555 5000 +61 2 9555 5000