Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
The Sunshine Coast Lightning netball franchise is a joint venture between the Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC). The Club has had tremendous success in 2017 with a sold-out stadium at all home games at the USC, over 2000 members and a Premiership in the inaugural season.
Reporting to the Membership Sales Executive, a unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated, sales and service focused individual to join the club in a casual employment capacity to assist in growing both Club's respective membership bases.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Outbound sales calls to non-renewed members
- Outbound member sales calls to upgrade packages
- Processing new memberships and renewals through the respective Clubs' CRM systems (Archtics & Fortis)
- Ensuring all inbound phone calls are answered efficently and call wait times are minimal
- Effective resolution of any member issues
- Responsibility to ensure that all personal details and data is entered correctly in the database
- Providing customer service levels where the standards of service received consistently exceed the customers’ expectations
- Representing Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning at functions and on match day to sell memberships
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in the area of verbal and written communication, with the ability to develop positive organisational relationships at all levels
- Working knowledge of customer relationship databases, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- An energetic, optimistic and resilient attitude with a willingness to take on varied tasks and display initiative
- An enjoyment of elite sport
The successful applicant will have proven experience in sales and service, preferably in membership sales and can expect to work in casual employment arrangement (approximately 35 hours per week for a fixed period). The role will require the applicant to be available for work Monday to Friday with flexibility to work after hours and on weekends.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our core values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within, as we achieve our Club purpose – “To experience the thrill of competing and winning together.”
- National Police Check
- Working with children check