LOCATION: MELBOURNE OR CANBERRA
This is a new role for Gymnastic Australia’s High Performance team with a primary focus on delivering the High Performance Plan 2018+ strategic objectives and priorities.
Gymnastics Australia (GA) is the national governing body for gymnastics within Australia. Established in 1949, Gymnastics Australia's mission is to promote, develop and grow gymnastics for the enjoyment of all. Encompassing seven gymsports being the Olympic disciplines of Women's and Men's Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline Gymnastics, as well as Aerobic Gymnastics, Acrobatic Gymnastics and Gymnastics for All, gymnastics provides opportunities for all Australians.
You can find more information about Gymnastics Australia here: https://www.gymnastics.org.au/
What is Gymnastics Australia looking for in their General Manager High Performance?
This role will work closely with the Director, Performance Strategy & Engagement in the implementation, monitoring and review of GA’s HPP2018+ strategic objectives and the development of the respective Olympic Gymsport’s operational plans, budgets and campaign activities. It will also be responsible for providing critical advice and evidence-based information to the DPS&E for the determination and allocation of resources, to accurately report on key performance measures and to assist in the preparation of GA board HP reports, State ED meetings and key stakeholder reporting and submission requirements.
A key part of the role is to manage the development and implementation of frameworks to ensure HP policies, guidelines and processes and are up-to-date, accessible and distributed in timely manner.
What does the GM High Performance do?
This is a leadership role that will work closely with the high performance team to:
- Deliver in collaboration with the Director, Performance Strategy and Engagement (DPS&E) identify systems and processes for the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and accurate reporting of the key deliverables and priorities of the HPP2018+;
- Provide advice and exceptional support to the DPS&E for the Olympic Gymsports of Men and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics and Trampoline;
- Support the DPS&E in managing the functions and activities of GA’s Olympic Gymsport programs;
- Develop appropriate management tools to accurately report on the status of operational plan key performance objectives, activities and measures/results;
- Work collaboratively to establish and maintain effective partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide exceptional and timely advice on issues to the DPS&E that can be used by the CEO and Board as needed.
- Manage and facilitate the establishment of the athlete intelligence system through proactive engagement with key personnel and to ensure processes capture and report on quality data within the Athlete Management System (AMS);
- Facilitate the operation of GA’s High Performance Advisory panel;
- Work with the DPS&E to develop and implement GA’s High Performance program’s capability and development engagement strategy;
- Develop and manage, in conjunction with DPS&E, annual operating budgets for each respective HP Cost Centre and as aligned to the respective operational plan and agreed performance activities;
- Monitor and review operating budgets and provide, as required, reports to the DPS&E.