If you’re looking for a Tuesday to Saturday permanent part-time role, working a minimum of 25 hours a week across a variety of shifts; with the opportunity to increase your hours based on member demand, join The Royal Sydney Golf Club.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to The Fitness Centre Manager, you will be the face of the Fitness Centre and responsible for creating a positive member experience. You will help to coordinate, and ensure smooth running, of an excellent Fitness facility including: a gym, indoor and outdoor pool, group exercise studios, child minding, massage and more. We are looking for the right person to fit into our team culture and provide the ultimate Member experience.
The key tasks include:
- Supervision of the Club’s Gym and Pool
- Provision of fitness advice
- Conducting Personal Training
- Conducting Group Exercise Classes
- Fitness Assessments and Exercise Prescription
- Assisting the Fitness Centre Manager with the day to day running of the Fitness Centre
What does the Club need from me?
- Fully qualified Exercise Specialist (Minimum of Cert IV in Fitness required)
- Senior First Aid and CPR Certification
- Fitness Australia registration
- Group exercise experience
- Ability to work weekends
- Excellent presentation
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with a demonstrated passion for excellence in customer service
- Display motivation and flexibility
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to motivate members and a proactive personality will also be highly regarded
- Pool Lifeguard License
- Pilates Reformer and Mat certification and teaching experience
What’s in it for me?
First and foremost you will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds (against a sporting backdrop). You can expect a competitive salary, access to training, regular feedback and a range of benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.) and uniforms.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click on the Apply link below. Please note that applicants who do not have availability in the evenings and weekends will not be considered for this role.