Are you seeking an exciting role with one of Australia's leading sporting organisations? Tennis Queensland are currently on the lookout for a passionate and motivated Participation Manager to join our Participation Team.
Reporting to the Head of Participation,The Participation Manager will work closely with all tennis participation providers including affiliated clubs, associations, coaches and facility operators, in addition to working with the participation leader team state-wide; with a focus on the delivery of multiple projects linked to the Tennis Queensland Strategic Plan to 2020. This is a great opportunity to own your role and join a passionate and supportive team!
As the Participation Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Management: Manage and coordinate all Participation programs and staff within Tennis Queensland to ensure effective relationships are established and maintained with Tennis Australia, State and Local Governments, corporate partners, sponsors and suppliers. Undertake reporting for all programs
- Clubs: Work collaboratively with Tennis Australia and Participation Leader's to promote our tennis programs and drive TQ Programs (inclusion, affiliation Development Grants)
- Competitions: Assist the Leagues Manager to promote the competition pathway in Queensland and playing socially through innovative formats to attract new and current players.
- Regional Assemblies -Review Regional Incentive Program funding with each Regional Assembly that involves analysis of budget proposal.
- Technology & Business Intelligence: Create and deliver timely and relevant reports in response to business requests and manage the systems and processes for the collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of intelligence and information.
To be successful in this role, your strengths will include:
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- High level organisational skills and project management abilities
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- An understanding of the tennis industry in Queensland, including understanding of the tennis environment and the various stakeholders it engages
- Demonstrated experience in sports administration, particularly dealing with Clubs and Associations
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff to achieve desired outcomes
Please note: You will also need a current and valid Driver's license
If you would like more information and a copy of the position description, please click here