|Position Title||Head Tennis Coach|
|Short Description||Genesis Sports and Aquatic Centre has operated out of Genesis Christian College’s sporting facility for just over 5 years. The College Sports precinct boasts an Aquatic Centre, Fitness Centre, operational allied health clinic and 3 multi-purpose indoor Sports Courts and 2 multi-purpose outdoor sports courts. This is a terrific opportunity for a Head coach to develop a Tennis business into a premier Tennis program within Brisbane.|
|Employer||Genesis Sports & Aquatic Centre|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Salary||$60,000 to $70,000 pa|
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Brisbane, QLD, Australia|
- Head Tennis Coach
- 12 month contract, Full-Time Position
Genesis Sports and Aquatic Centre has operated out of Genesis Christian College’s sporting facility for just over 5 years. The College Sports precinct boasts an Aquatic Centre, Fitness Centre, operational allied health clinic and 3 multi-purpose indoor Sports Courts and 2 multi-purpose outdoor sports courts. This is a terrific opportunity for a Head coach to develop a Tennis business into a premier Tennis program within Brisbane.
To manage the day-to-day coaching of Genesis Tennis including ensuring the growth of the business, implementing a Genesis Tennis club and attending Genesis Tennis Club competitions when necessary.
- Work within a team environment to create, maintain and promote a clean, well-organised and a harmonious and happy Tennis centre where customers are happy to attend regularly;
- Ensure the growth of the program to meet agreed financial targets;
- Offer a service which attracts external enrolments to Genesis Christian College;
- Attend both primary & secondary school tennis competitions;
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and cleared daily and maintained to a high standard;
- Provide and maintain excellent service and assist customers with Tennis enquires;
- Conduct valid and reliable assessments using standardised methods;
- Design and monitor programs for clients and safely instruct them through their programs;
- Provide instruction to clients regarding appropriate techniques ;
- Assist Sports Precinct reception staff when necessary with enquires relating to the Tennis centre through emails and phone calls;
- Provide motivation and positive feedback to clients using the facilities sports precinct;
- Ensure contact is made with all families to establish a repour with all tennis clientele;
- Ensure attendance roles are kept up to date;
- Promote the Centre at every opportunity and provide excellent customer service;
- Understand the computer software programs including point of sale and memberships;
- Process membership applications and payments when necessary;
- Lead and coordinate all tennis coaches within the venue;
- Provide feedback on development pathway structures;
- Coordinate and supervise fixtures;
- Develop weekly/monthly/yearly plans and programs for classes;
- Organise tennis tournaments, meets and holiday tennis programs;
- Creating a periodised plan for the long term development of the tennis program;
- Implementing a team environment and culture which matches the sports precincts;
- Inspire young students to play the sport of tennis;
- Assist Sports Precinct administrators with planning of timetables, squads & lessons;
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the entire sports precinct;
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach, or equivalent;
- Tennis Australia Coach Member and hold adequate insurance;
- Current First Aid certificate & CPR certificate;
- Working with children check;
- Previous experience coaching children / adults in a Tennis environment;
- Ability to work well In a team as well as independently when required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills;
- Reliable and trustworthy.
||4 Jan 2018
|Phone (work)||(07) 3882 9092|
|Phone (mobile)||0419 924 143|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
- Ethos: Demonstrated commitment to the ethos and Christian foundations of Genesis Christian College.
- Qualifications and Job-Specific Skills: Demonstrated skills and appropriate qualifications relevant to fulfil the role of Head Tennis Coach.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated personal and interpersonal skills that enhance positive relationships with all members of the community.
- Service Focus: Evidence of a clear service focus; ability to meet deadlines, prioritise competing work demands and provide high quality level of customer service to the people of the college and the wider community.
- Initiative and Flexibility: Demonstrated levels of initiative, efficiency, perseverance and flexibility necessary to contribute to a learning community which values teamwork and the achievement of excellent outcomes at all levels of the organisation.
- Organisational Awareness: Demonstrated commitment to the central mission of the organisation.
- Teamwork: The ability to work as part of a team and to make positive contribution to the team environment.
Applicants are to submit their application by email or hard copy. Include a brief resume and contact details of two (2) referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor, if possible), and written response outlining your suitability for the role and addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages).
Address Application to:
Genesis Sports & Aquatics Assistant Manager
PO BOX 5206
T: (07) 3882 9092
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.