The Artemis Centre is the epicentre of the wellbeing agenda at Melbourne Girls Grammar. We have a proud tradition of being at the forefront of girls participating in sport. The facility cements our proactive agenda of promoting diverse sporting opportunities and participation for all Melbourne Girls Grammar girls.
Melbourne Girls Grammar seeks experienced and knowledgeable Jump Start Gymnastics Coaches to deliver high quality and fun gymnastics programs to students and the wider community.
The primary purpose of the Artemis Gymnastics Program is to inspire all students to lead a physically active and healthy life by teaching them fundamental movement skills in a fun, safe, inclusive and enjoyable space.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ gymnastics coaching experience in Gymnastics for All and bring the latest knowledge of current trends and professional practices in coaching principles and methodology including gymnastics development.
As a minimum they must hold an intermediate level gymnastics coach accreditation and be a current Gymnastics Australia Technical member. They must also hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate or be willing to obtain one post recruitment.
Other essential skills include:
- attention to detail
- high level interpersonal and problems solving skills with the ability to work in an inclusive, fun and productive learning environment
- outstanding communication and presentation skills which support and foster customer service of the highest standard.
Please view the Position Description for specific details about this new role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children