Singapore Gymnastics is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced National Head Coach who has the mindset and skills required to develop an effective long-term performance pathway and excellent technical, motivational and communication skills while developing a high performance culture in the NTC.
The focus of this role is to maximise the potential of the NTC and the elite squad gymnasts through coaching, the design of programmes, leading a team of National coaches in the implementation of robust systems and processes from talent ID through to international competition.
The National Head Coach will lead the NTC Coaching Team to coach the women’s artistic gymnastics NTC athletes to bring them towards becoming members of SG’s Teams for Olympics in the future.
- Responsible for the overall management of the WAG NTC, the athletes and coaches in Singapore.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the SDM and NTC Coaches around the development of the high-performance athletes at the NTC.
- Coach the Senior and Junior international team.
- Manage, coordinate and develop the WAG NTC Coaches in Singapore.
NATIONAL HEAD COACH
- The Head Coach will be responsible for delivering a successful women’s artistic performance programme for Singapore. The role will involve coaching existing gymnasts and participating in national squad training on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement a rolling four-year operational plan for the WAG NTC in line with SG’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement a broad development plan as well as detailed annual operational plan for gymnasts; including a systematic recruitment programme to identify potential gymnasts to achieve their potential and SG’s objectives. This should include a structured system to recruit potential talent and the transition out of any gymnasts who do not meet the development requirements.
- Develop an annual calendar of WAG High Performance activities including national and international clinics/camps, etc.
- Assist the General Manager and SDM with the preparation of the annual budgets for the WAG NTC and high-performance activities.
- Assist the SDM with the day to day administration tasks and duties of the NTC.
- Provide strategic focus and leadership for all the squad programmes, taking responsibility for all aspects of the programmes delivered.
- Assist with the recruitment and management of the NTC Coaches.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and direction to all the NTC coaches.
- Work closely with the NTC coaches to design and implement high quality holistic training and competition programmes for gymnasts.
- Assist gymnasts and coaches to develop training and competition strategies to maximise their potential.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate effectiveness of the programme.
- Make recommendations for selection of gymnasts into the squad programme.
- Undertake leadership roles at training camps and national and international events as appropriate.
- Design, develop and promote a high performance culture and seamless performance pathway through robust systems and procedures.
Further details can be found in the detailed job description.