The National Performance Pathways Manager (NPPM) will work closely with SG’s General Manager (GM), the Sport Development Managers (SDM) and National Coaches to ensure that development pathways for pre-elite and elite athletes in all disciplines are clearly articulated and widely understood within the community.
The NPPM will lead the continuing development of SG’s talent identification and recruitment protocols and procedures, and develop and implement a range of projects, programs and other initiatives which aim to enhance the capacity and capability of clubs and coaches that have been identified as parts of SG’s Singapore Gymnastics Performance Pathway Programme (PPP).
SG’s Performance Pathway Programme (PPP) aims to enhance the capacity and capability of pathways, programs and coaches which (collectively) support targeted pre-elite and elite athletes towards becoming members of SG’s Teams for Olympics in the future.
- Responsible for the overall management, development and implementation of the Performance Pathway Programme in Singapore for athletes and coaches.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the SDM and National Coaches around the recording and monitoring for all identified high-performance athletes in the Performance Pathway.
- To build the Performance Pathway Programme (PPP) for all disciplines that links the clubs and schools community to the National Training Centre.
- Develop and coordinate the professional development of the high-performance Coaches in Singapore.
- Oversee the strategic development of Singapore Gymnastics Performance Pathway Programme (PPP), enabling the identification, confirmation and development of talented athletes and coaches.
- Manage the delivery of the PPP which is a systematic and evidenced-based gymnastics performance pathway, resulting in an oversupply of gymnasts making the required benchmarks at Talent (2024) and Podium Potential (2022) levels of the programme.
- Lead the development and delivery of Talent Identification initiatives, designed to identify and recruit athletes from both within the sport and those with the potential to transfer from and to other sports and disciplines.
- Define and implement a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) framework that effectively and accurately measures the impact of the performance pathway.
- Operate with the SG Team, ensuring senior international trends and gap analysis are continually considered and that intelligence and insights at Podium level are continually cascaded down the performance pathway.
- Lead on the support and development of coaches working within the Talent Pathway, driving improvement in the quality and quantity of coaching provision.
- Drive the development of a coaching curriculum and career pathway structure.
- Lead on the alignment and communication of the PPP, competencies, benchmarks across the pathway, linking SG with local clubs and coaches.
- Expanding the reach of the PPP to improve the capacity and capability of the clubs.
- Building a good collaborative working relationship with Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Clubs to grow the sport while meeting the different objectives.
Further details can be found in the detailed job description.