Cricket NSW in conjunction with Cricket Australia are offering two great opportunities for experienced Sports Dietitians
- Join one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations
- Work with elite athletes and deliver a world’s best performance nutrition program
- Pro-actively contribute to a high-performance environment together with players, coaches, and leading experts in their field
- 2 positions on offer – both Part-time fixed-term 0.4 FTE (one approx. 5 month contract – parental leave cover, one approx. 2 year contract)
About the role
The Sport Performance Dietitian’s primary purpose is to maximise player performance and development through provision of the highest possible standard of sports nutrition services to Cricket New South Wales (CNSW). As one of two sport performance dieticians, you will be allocated either the male or female programs across all levels of CNSW. This includes the CNSW Senior contracted players (NSW Blues or Breakers), CNSW development squads, and the Sixers & Thunder BBL or WBBL Teams.
This position is a critical contributor to achieving CNSW Performance goals:
- Win Titles
- Produce the best players, umpires and coaches in the world
- Run the best pathway in Australia
You will also be part of the Australian Cricket Sports Nutrition Network- collaborating with other State Association and Cricket Australia Sports Dietitians on projects that impact all Australian Cricket players.
- Accredited Practicing Dietitian status with Dietitians Association of Australia
- Current Accredited Member of Sports Dietitians Australia
- An ongoing record of CPD over the past 12 months
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Sports Dietitian working with elite and development team sports
- Passionate about sports nutrition and its impact on athlete health and sport performance
- You will have a proven track record of working successfully as part of a multi-disciplinary support team working with elite athletes and elite sporting teams
- Level 1 ISAK Accreditation
- Advanced Accredited Sports Dietitian status with Sports Dietitians Australia
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Nutrition; or the International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- Research experience in the area of nutrition or sport science/exercise physiology
- Understanding of cricket training, matches and culture and the associated attributes of successful cricket players
What’s in it for you?
Be part of Australia’s No.1 sport and NSW’s No.1 sporting organisation. Build your skills in a high-growth professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community. Plus employee benefits including learning and development opportunities and the odd ticket to the cricket.
Cricket NSW oversees all cricket in NSW from the Blues, Breakers, Sixers and Thunder BBL / WBBL teams through to the competition in the local school or park. We are an organisation steeped in history and success.